Guiyang University was founded in 2004 by the combination of Guiyang Teachers College and Guiyang Jinzhu University. In 2009, Guiyang Normal School, a shcool with a history of more than a century, was merged into Guiyang University. In 2010, Guiyang University passed the qualification assessment by the Ministry of Education on undergraduate teaching and was reviewed and evaluated in 2017. In 2018, Guiyang University was entitled to offer master’s degree and began to recruit graduate students in 2019.
Guiyang University has a planned area of 80 hectare and a building area of 280,000 square meters. There are currently 17 teaching schools that offer 2 master's degree programs and 46 undergraduate programs, involving 10 disciplines such as literature, law, and philosophy. There are more than 10,000 full-time students. Among nearly 1,000 faculty members, there are 717 full-time teachers, including 108 professors, 340 associate professors, 188 doctor degree holders and 511 master degree holders. With a beautiful campus environment, a variety of disciplines and an excellent teaching team, Guiyang University has offered an ideal learning atmosphere for domestic and overseas students.
In 2015, with the approval of the Guizhou Provincial Department of Education, Guiyang University began to recruit international students. Up to now, students from dozens of countries in Asia, Europe, America and Africa have been enrolled. Guiyang University welcomes students from all over the world to join us for degree programs and language and culture programs.
International students will be admitted to Guiyang University based on the date of their admission notice. Students who fail to arrive on time should contact International Students Section, Office for International Cooperation and Exchange of Guiyang University via email for the extension of registration. Those who have not requested extension in advance and do not register within two weeks by due day will be regarded as voluntarily giving up, and will forfeit their qualifications of study at Guiyang University.
Materials Required for Registration:
1. Original copy of your passport (used for application);
2. Original copy of your Guiyang University Admission Notice;
3. JW 201/202Visa Application for Study in China;
4. 2-inch registration photo;
(2) Guiyang University provides international students with one-year Chinese Language Program and 4-year Degree Program, X2 visa is temporarily only offered to short-term exchange students
(3) Materials required for Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People's Republic of China:
(a) Student’s passport with entry seal page;
(b) Guiyang University Admission Notice (original and photocopy);
(c) JW 201/202 Visa Application for Study in China (original and photocopy);
(d) CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER;
(e) Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Nationals;
(f) 2-inch registration photos.
(4) Agency and Location Entry & Exit Branch Bureau of Guiyang Municipal Government Qiangui International Business Center 101 Jincheng Street, Chengxin Road, Guanshanhu District, Guiyang, Guizhou.
Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China
Per the relevant documents of China's Ministry of Education, International Students in China must buy Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China during their study. The insurance premium costs RMB 800 yearly (subject to change according to insurance company, see http: //www.lxbx.net for details). Guiyang University will collect fees and help international students to apply for insurance documentations. Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China is a REQUIRED document for legal stay of international students.
Fees for registration and other affairs
1. Fees charged by Guiyang University: For more information about the tuition and accommodation, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. Fees charged by other organizations for study in China: fees below are charged by relevant organizations for a legal stay for study in China. Guiyang University does not charge students fees below and price may change according to decision of relevant organizations. Guiyang University DOES NOT take responsibility for a late notice of such price adjustment.
(1) CERTIFICATE OF HEALTH EXAMINATION FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER: RMB 361/year is currently charged by authorized agency (The actual price is subject to the latest notice of the authorized agency)
(2) Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China: RMB 800/year is currently charged by insurance company (The actual price is subject to the latest notice of the authorized agency).
(3) Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People's Republic of China：RMB 400/year is currently charged by authorized agency (The actual price is subject to the latest notice of the authorized agency).
Guiyang University will help students to arrange vehicles with appointed personnel to complete all process if all above listed payments are forwarded to International Students Section upon registration. Students may also apply for listed documents above by themselves. Guiyang University DOES NOT take responsibility for students illegal stay or relevant punishment by respective authorities caused by late completion of such documents if students choose to apply for documents listed above by themselves.
In order to promote the cultural exchanges between China and other countries, attract more international students to study in Guiyang University，expand international influence of Guiyang University, and encourage international students to study hard, the International Students Scholarship is established to award and sponsor those international students to study and communicate in Guiyang University.
This Scholarship is applicable to reward international students who come to our university to study and exchange including undergraduate, exchange students, Chinese language trainees, short-term, medium and long-term trainees with other projects.
Classification and Standard of Scholarship
Besides scholarship programs sponsored by Chinese national and Guizhou provincial governments and relative authorities, scholarship programs sponsored by Guiyang University are also available.
Guiyang University currently provides international students with scholarship programs below, and international students may apply for relative grade according to their own eligibility. Guiyang University reserves all rights for the explanations of approval and granting of scholarship programs.
1st Grade Scholarship Program;
2nd Grade Scholarship Program;
3rd Grade Scholarship Program;
4th Grade Scholarship Program.
1. Applicants must bear foreign nationality;
2. Applicants must be friendly to China, abide by Chinese laws and regulations, and obey rules and regulations of Guiyang University;
3. Applicants should obtain the qualifications for admission; according to Schools Programs for International Students;
4. Applicants' Chinese language ability is demanded as per requirement of relevant school's program.
1. All Guiyang University international students who are eligible to apply for the International Students Scholarship once for every school year.
2. Application materials:
(1) Application Form for International Students Scholarship of Guiyang University；
(2) Copy of passport；
(3) Copies of last diploma and degree certificate (e.g.：Certificate of Graduation)；
(4) Academic record and performance certificate issued by respective college or university；
(5) Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (printed and distributed by China's health and quarantine departments) shall be presented if the applicant intends to stay less than 3 months in China；
(6) Relative legal documentation of statutory guardian in China must be submitted if the applicant is under the age of 18.
3. The scholarship is offered to competitive applicants with openness, fairness and impartiality.
4. The resuts of International Students Scholarship will be made public for three days.
5. Applicants have the right of appeal if they disagree with the results.
6. Guiyang University sets up International Student Scholarship Review and Management Committee.
Reservation and Cancellation of Scholarship
(1) Students with scholarship arrive at Guiyang University for registration on the special dates. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the Guiyang University will be considered as voluntarily quitting their enrollment, and the scholarship will automatically be withdrawn.
(2) if the student with scholarship breaks laws and regulations of China or respective college or university, he or she will be disqualified.
(3) For students who suspend their studies because of serious diseases, the scholarship will be suspended during the suspension, and the scholarship status can be reserved for at most one year.
(4) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university's arrangements should be afforded by participating student himself or herself.
(5) Guiyang University will not be responsible for international students medical and other relevant costs caused by any violence actions, violation of the law and school rules.
(1) These Measures have taken effect since March of 2017;
(2) Office for international Cooperation and Exchange of Guiyang University holds the only right to explain these Measures.
For more information, please contact us through the email (email@example.com)
|#||Program Name||Application Start Date||Application Deadline||Date of Enrollment||Language of Instruction||Tuition Fee (RMB)||Qualification Awarded|
|Write a review|