|Name of University/学校名称:||Nanjing University (南京大学)|
|Program Name/项目名称:||Information Resources Management (Big Data Analysis) (信息资源管理（大数据）)||Qualification Awarded/学位授予:||Master’s Degree|
|Discipline/学科:||Library Information and Documentation Science (图书馆情报与文献学)||Faculty/院系:||School of Information Management (信息管理学院)|
|Specialty/专业:||Information Resources Management (Big Data Analysis)(信息资源管理（大数据）)||Language of Instruction/授课语言:||Chinese|
|Date of Enrollment/开学时间:||Sep 6, 2021||Duration of Study/学习持续时间:||2 Years|
|Application Start Date/项目申请开始日期:||Mar 1, 2021||Application Deadline/项目申请截止日期:||May 20, 2021|
|Academic Requirement/学历要求:||Undergraduate Education||Chinese Requirement/汉语要求:||NA|
|Scholarship/奖学金:||Yes||Tuition Fees Per Year/每学年学习费用(RMB):||35000 (RMB)|
|Type of Scholarship/奖学金种类:||Chinese Government Scholarship|
Information Resources Management is a 2-year English-taught master’s program. It has two research directions: Information Management and Data Analytics(IM&DA), Information Management and Digital Humanities(IM&DH). After completing all course work and succeeding in thesis defense, students will receive a Master’s Degree in Management.
The School of Information Management of Nanjing University, which supports this program, was established in 1927. It is the oldest school of information management in China and is also one of the best in China as it is the third iSchool in Asia and was ranked 26th in the 2019 QS World University rankings. The School consists of 69 faculty and staff members, including well-known scholars and leading talents. At present, the school has 4 majors at the bachelor’s level, 6 at the master’s level and a doctoral program, constituting a comprehensive, mature and internationalized education system.
(1) Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
(2) Applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree in social science or a related field, and be interested in interdisciplinary studies of social sciences and information technology. There is no special requirement on the applicant’s computer skills.
(3) Applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores (minimal requirement: TOEFL 85; IELTS 6.0).
(4) Applicants should be willing to learn Chinese and reach Level 3 of Chinese Language Proficiency Scales For Speakers of Other Language(Elementary Chinese)before graduation.
2. Medium of Instruction: English.
3. Study Duration: The program takes 2 years of full-time study, including classroom teaching, practicum, and thesis writing.