Log In Return Authentication System Help
How to Apply to Chinese Universities through Studyinchina?

Log on Studyinchina and you will find the problems are perfectly solved!

Step1: Choose Your Program.

Before applying, you should locate the program and university.

If you know what to study or where to go, you can search the program through our search engine.

Applicant can search your favorite course by

1. Universities

2. Locations

3. Discipline

4. Programs

Step 2: Apply and Submit.

Apply through studyinchina is very easy, fast and convenient. Just 4 steps will help you completethe application within 20 min.

1. Register & Login: You can register on Studyinchina through your E-mail and log in your account.

2. Choose your Program

3. Fill out the application form

4. Upload the documents that university need

5. Submit the application

Step 3: Get the Result From Universities.

After receiving Studyinchina application, the university will review and verify your qualification when all the documents are ready.

Generally, it takes about 2-4 weeks for the university to make decision on non-degree programs, and 4-8 weeks for degree programs.

The exactadmission time is determined by the university.

Some universities will ask the applicant to pay the deposit when the admission is made.

Step 4: Preparation for studying in China.

The contents of this part are for references only.

International student need to apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General to study in China. First of all, you should know what kind of visa you need to apply:

  • X1 visa: Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.
  • X2 visa:Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.
  • F visa: Issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, studytours and other activities.
  • L Visa: Issued to those who intend to go to China as a tourist or student who takes summer program or winter program (such as the Summer Camp).

Students organized in form of groups and stay less than 6 months can apply for the F group visas by the authorized invitation letters or fax of the duly authorized unit. If you have identified the visa, Documentations are required:

  • Original passport
  • One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached.
  • Proof of legal stay or residence status(applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship).
  • Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter.
  • Original and photocopy of "Visa Application for Study in China", known as Form JW201 or Form JW202 (Only required for X1 Visa).
  • Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to foreign citizens those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship).
Physical Examination Record for Foreigners:

All foreigners who come to China to study for longer than 6 months (i.e. those on an X1 visa) are required to undergo a medical examination.

Therefore, you need to complete the medical examination before you arrive in China. You can download the form here and take the form to a public hospital, undergo a physical examination and have a doctor complete the form. On the last page of the form, the hospital must affix its official seal along with the student’s photograph.


International students are required to buy both medical insurance and personal accidental death and injury insurance.

You can buy them either in your own country or in China after your arrival.

Generally, the university you have applied will provide insurance service for you after your arrival.

Health verification: Students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Record and the Blood Test Report to the local health and quarantine office within the due time to have their medical examination reports verified. Students failing to provide Physical Examination Record for Foreigner must have physical examination at the local health and quarantine office nearby the university.

Students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re- take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.

Residence Permit: After the health verification, International students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority with their passports, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China within 30 days upon their arrival.